The American Rescue Plan (ARP), (known as "ESSER III") became law in March 2021. The purpose of ESSER III is to provide support to school districts around the country in addressing the impact of COVID-19 on students' academic, social, emotional and mental health needs.
Richmond-Burton Community High School District 157 has developed a plan (which included input from the Joint District Stakeholder Committee) to utilize ESSER III funds to support the “safe return to in-person learning and continuity of services for the purpose of promoting transparency and accountability for funds usage by the District.”
- Federal fund distribution requirements:
- 80% of the funding is to be used for facilities projected provided that they align with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and help reduce transmission of COVID-19 and other viruses.
- 20% of the funding is to be used to address learning loss.
Richmond-Burton Community High School District 157 plans for utilizing ESSER III Funds include:
- Installing new Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) Lights. These devices will be installed in the existing HVAC systems serving the following areas: Original Gym, PE Lockers, Auditeria, Main Offices, Library, Computer Room, Kitchen, New Gym, Athletic Lockers, Athletic Office, Concessions and Athletic Entry. UVGI technology is recognized by the CDC and FEMA as an effective method for disinfecting airborne contaminants such as mold, bacteria, and viruses. Installation of this equipment may require modifications to the AHU, ductwork, piping and housekeeping pad. (With the assistance of our architects, Wold Architects, engineers, and subcontractors)
- Stand-Alone Air-Purifiers for areas where students have extended periods of learning
- Providing an Equine and Animal Assisted Learning (EAAL) Program to provide hands-on learning opportunities aligned to SEL and Academic Standards to support identified students that have extensive social/emotional needs and/or in need of credits to graduate.
- Salary for Social Worker to provide supplemental guidance and intervention assistance for academics and support social emotional well-being of students
- After School learning opportunities for students in need of interventions to address learning loss and deficiencies that could impact their academic achievement and growth
- Summer Enrichment programming for students in need of interventions to address learning loss and deficiencies that could impact their academic achievement and growth
Please submit questions / concerns with Dr. Tom Lind ( email@example.com ) . Concerns will be shared at the next Board of Education Meeting to be held on September 22, 2021.